GOOGLE SEARCH RESULTS ARE BASED ON PROVIDING LOCAL RESULTS (EVERGREEN)
Google’s gone local: “59% of consumers use Google every month to find a reputable, local business”
(Search Engine Watch)
Give your customers the right information at the right time, whether that is driving directions to your business in Google Maps, hours of operations in Search or your phone number they can click to call you on mobile phones. 18% Of Local Mobile Searches Lead To A Sale Within One Day!!
68% of consumers on smartphones used the “get directions” or call button on a smartphone local listing”
Local Stats Are Tops!
Basically, if you decide to do any internet marketing then Google Places, Maps, and My Business would be the bare minimum. The statistics on local search are through the roof with Google reporting that 88% of local consumers start their journey at a search engine. From there they get even better with 60-80% of local searches leading to a
call, visit and/or purchase, usually within a day or two of the initial search.
- Mobile leads to local: 50% of all mobile searches are conducted in hopes of finding local results
- Local searches lead to purchases: 61% of local searches result in a purchase
“61% of mobile searches are local and result in a phone call”
Google Local For Reviews
One of the most important things that should never be overlooked is the fact that when a business shows up in Google’s local search results it comes accompanied with a full set of customer reviews…… and customer reviews are the biggest trend in business today!
- Traffic to the top 10 review sites grew on average 158% last year (Compete.com)
- 92% have more confidence in info found online than they do in anything from a salesclerk or other source (Wall Street Journal, Jan 2009)
- 70% consult reviews or ratings before purchasing (BusinessWeek)
- 51% of consumers use the Internet, even before making a purchase in a shop (Verdict Research)
- 45% say they are influenced a fair amount or a great deal by reviews on social sites from people they follow (Harris Poll)
Get On Board Or Get Left Behind..Really
VERY FEW businesses have more than a website, even less have an SEO optimized site using lead capturing techniques and again less are in the know about where a large portion of ‘business leads’ are going and to a large degree, have already gone.