Question: What is email marketing and how can it benefit businesses?
Answer: Email marketing is a strategy that utilizes email to communicate with audiences and drive business goals such as customer engagement, lead generation, and sales.
So Your Thinking Of Email Marketing
Despite its classic profile in the business world, email marketing is still alive and well. Aside from social media, there is no other technique that allows consistent connection and interaction between you and your customer or lead. Plus, it’s still highly effective. The return on investment (ROI) for email marketing is substantial with every $1 spent resulting in nearly $45 in return. That’s an investment that is virtually always in the best interest of company goals making email marketing strongly recommended. If you haven’t already utilized this marketing technique, below are some things you will need to get started.
Click here for more information on internet marketing services
Related Article: Search Engine Marketing (SEM) For Business
A Working Email Marketing Provider
There are a number of tools available that can help with the email marketing process. One of the most commonly used services is Constant Contact and MailChimp. These platforms help in simplifying the process of creating and distributing emails. It also helps in monitoring the “open rates” of your emails and shows how many of the recipients opened and read your email. The number of emails rejected or unopened is calculated in what’s referred to as a “bounce rate.” Sometimes you will discover that a change in an email’s design or subject line can significantly reduce the bounce rate. Also, make sure that your email messages are “mobile friendly” so when they are viewed through a mobile device they will appear correctly. There is a shift from accessing the internet and email on desktop browsers to viewing them on mobile devices like an iPhone or tablet.
Professional Email Address Title
Unfortunately, many of the common email providers like Google and Yahoo are not designed for business purposes. Therefore, email marketing campaigns will not be carried out effectively from these platforms alone. Your email address should be unique, professional and include your business name in the title. For example, an adequate email address would be something like admin@Yopie.com. As you can see, this example fulfils the 3 requirements of being unique and professional while integrating the company’s name for easy identification.
Subscribers: Smart Small But Think Big!
It really doesn’t matter if you only have 20 subscribers or 20,000 subscribers. What’s most important is that a large portion of them are familiar with your brand and show genuine interest in the product or service being offered. Generally speaking, when users willingly sign up for an email marketing list, they have some type of interest in what it is your company is offering.
How to Get Started With Email Marketing Campaign?
- Set up automated emails: customize who you want to send an email to, at what time and which email you would like to send them
- Coordinate the rate of contact: Do you want them to receive emails monthly, weekly, bi-weekly? Do you want to send more to customers that frequently open and read your emails?
- Try out Subject Lines: The subject lines are your first and often last impression. If users are not captivated by this subject line, they will most likely not open it.
- Engaging Email Designs: Make your emails exciting to look at and easy to understand.
- Strategically Designed Call to Action Buttons: Figure out which colour and position in the body of the email work best.
- Monitor and Apply the Data: Many email marketing providers will show you everything you need to know. Recognize the patterns and make the adjustments as you go. With slight adjustments and minor modifications, you could greatly increase your campaign’s success.